Thursday, July 19, 2012

immaturity needs boundaries, rebellion needs punishment...


yes again i have let time slip by without doing my due diligence.

i’m blaming summer….

so let’s see what kind of new and great things have we done since my last post…

party in the park went well.
the boy went to the skate park and when i came to pick him up I was surprised to see a multitude of booze cans and older boarders smoking etc. 
but when I scoured the park for Ant he was on the other side skating. J

on sunday some friends of ours took us crabbing up the Indian Arm.
thanks bmans!
Adam was upset he had to go…he wanted to go boarding again (try not to be suspicious aunty!)
but we drug him along with the promise of a new adventure.
and he agreed he was glad he went.


he had us all in stitches with his crazy humor and was very helpful as a deck hand ;)

his second visit with “EARL” went well. which was to be expected…as Earl put it, “I get paid whether you show up or not and whether you behave or not” sheesh….where do they get these guys?

thursday night Cole came for a ’sleepover’ as we had a summer bbq for our life groups here.
unfortunately after telling the lads wht time to shut’er down, they did not respect the 2am curfew and were still going strong at 6:30 am!! lol
drat you Xbox!
after a failed attempt by unka d to send them to bed, angry aunty shut ‘em down!
later I explained to Ant (and Cole) that I was disappointed in his behavior…not because he stayed up all night…but that he did so even though I told him NOT to and he didn’t obey unka d.
he apologized to me and back to the Xbox they went … 

later in the weekend I over heard him apologizing to unka d….sigh….J

on Saturday morning Ant got up at 5:30 am to go to a farm job that Martens got for him.
counting wee chicks into layer cages.
in a very hot barn.
and no amount of coaxing would make him dress any dif than if it was autumn in alberta!!! lol

he did a great job and hopes to get more work.
made himself $60

after his farm shift it was off to the park agin…for him, not me….as we had our second annual Meadow Rose Society hotdog sale to raise money for needy babies in the valley (shameless plug).
he did hang around and help anyway he could before I gave him his leave

later that night he washed and vacuumed my car while unka d and I were out with the Martens.


took him a bit to get out of bed Sunday am… probably due to the early morning work on Saturday, but off to church he went (Cole being away and having to attend the church on the hill probably had him rather uninterested as well)

Pastor S was speaking on sin.
and just how easy it is to knowingly do sinful things even when we are aware of the consequences.
when Ant came home he very publicly tossed his tobacco in the trash!
Wow

Tuesday afternoon saw the expenditure of his hard earned cash….a new skate board…lol

so now we are fairly close to being up to date.

by Cole’s request, I did not send Adam to youth….all his tree homies are in mexico.
so after dinner I let him head out to skate a bit in the neighborhood, 
he went over to the park across the road 
….and came home late…..

i wanna believe his story…but I also want to make sure I know what he’s doing.

we chatted before I went BACK to bed and decided if he has new friends on the hill he had better have a curfew.

unka d hid the remote….LOL

i guess that was his idea of punishment



1 comment:

  1. ha ha. love it! great job. i am also counting down the days til cole is home :)

    ReplyDelete